11 April 2023

Ya, Bikes!


    
Welcome back from a great winter season! I skied heeps. You can see more and photos on my Instagram at matthew larsen wheelbulding. I've been building plenty of wheels between powder days in the back country and chasing around the nordic groomer. After 4 months off the bike I'm back at it. I rode 3hrs each at Beezley in Epherta and Ainchent lakes this past weekend. If you haven't been to the Beez it's great early season riding. Purpose built bike trails in the scrub brush and plenty of vert.   

    I've got a few new ride ideas as usual. I see some weekend trips in the van ito ride alpine single track, I'll get a silly amount of climbing in on a big 'ol day on Mt Spoke and I'm planning a Beverly bridge gravel ride before it gets to deep into spring. Also maybe I can finally get up to the Lolo Motorway. I'll do some old favorites too. 

Wherever I get to I'll still be building the best wheels around when I'm home. Spokes are plenty at this time and lead times are low. Sitting at the truing stand is good off the feet recovery time for me. Hopefully you're stoked for riding with some plans of your own. Here's to wearing out the side knobs.